Just like technology, the Retail Merchandising industry is constantly changing. With new products being developed every day, there is always a need for new marketing techniques to attract new customers. And with stores constantly competing with other forms of advertising, it’s never been more important to capture a customer’s attention. Here are a few tips and tricks that can help you in this competitive career field:
* Remember the budget-conscious shoppers. In today’s economy, many shoppers are on tight budgets. These same shoppers are trading in the more expensive brands for brands with lower costs. This is good to keep in mind when you are choosing spotlight products.
* Don’t forget about Baby Boomers. Baby Boomers – those who were born between 1946 and 1964 – make up the largest consumer spending group, so make sure you include them in your target market.
* Develop visual merchandising concepts. When creating your plan, include visuals for the storefront, the layout of the entire store and promotional materials.
* Accessorize your end caps. End caps are commonly stocked with seasonal merchandise. In the off-season, use one product on the end caps and include accessories that match that product. If your featured product is a digital camera, add a photo printer, photo paper and memory cards.
* Light it up. Everything from store windows to the fitting rooms should be well lit. Use spotlights to draw attention to key products or to set the mood of the store. Just make sure they are installed properly.
This article is presented by the Academy Schaumburg. Contact us today if youre interested in developing marketable knowledge and career-relevant skills with an industry-current degree program from the Academy Schaumburg.
The Academy – Schaumburg does not guarantee employment or salary.